Recognizing the power and impact of creative influence to drive broad global change, influencer marketing agency Whalar launched The Change Collective, a creator marketplace that connects brands with creators dedicated to using their influence and creative skills to affect positive change on issues including sustainability, equality, health, and safety.
In development for over a year, Whalar’s Change Collective is designed to help brands more quickly, effectively, and authentically create and communicate their purpose by partnering with dedicated and credible creators who share their values and can connect with their engaged audiences to drive social change at scale.
No longer can companies grow simply by providing a great product that satisfies a customer need; they must also do so ethically and sustainably, putting this at the heart of their business strategy moving forward. This “third dimension” of business will take on even greater importance as research shows consumer definitions of “value” are changing, particularly for consumers under 40:
- 90% believe brands have a responsibility to detail their beliefs on social and environmental issues (Source: DNA, Seattle report, August 2019)
- 87% will spend more on socially compliant products (Source: Deloitte, 2018)
- 75% will alter their buying habits to reduce environmental impact (Source: Nielsen, 2018)
- 80% of companies and brands linked to purpose outperformed the market, vs. 32% non-purpose brands (Source: Kantar Millward Brown 2018)
Accessible through Whalar’s existing Creator platform, The Change Collective community at launch includes more than 60 purpose-driven micro-influencers and content creators from around the world, who have a combined digital footprint of 6.5 million+ followers. Founding members of The Change Collective include:
- Aditi Mayer @aditimayer, US-based journalist and fashion sustainability advocate
- Neel Wanders @flunkingmonkey, UK-based biologist and eco-consultant
- Caroline South @caroline_south, UK-based beach cleaner, and artist of beach finds
- Dom & Dom @allthatisshe, UK-based creative duo, and conscious creators
- Dan Magatti @danmagatti, Brazil-based photographer and environmental activist
- Natalia Seth @escapingyouth, US-based artist
The Change Collective will work with brands in two ways: consult with brands in the early stages to co-create products, provide feedback on planned projects, and ensure authenticity and connectedness to their target audiences; as well as create and promote content and purpose-led messaging for campaigns.