Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation partnered with marketing technology consultancy GeekHive to launch a customer-first website that prioritizes usability and enhances functionality for its customers across its service territory.
Having outgrown its legacy content management system (CMS), Central Hudson selected Episerver CMS as an agile enterprise-level platform capable of supporting its company objectives and scaling with business growth. Central Hudson sought the guidance of consulting partner GeekHive to implement the new platform in such a way that it would place the utmost importance on the customer experience while reducing reliance on internal resources.
Recognized as an Episerver Silver Partner, GeekHive equipped Central Hudson with the technical expertise needed to launch the newly redesigned Episerver CMS and served as the strategic arm behind the systems migration.
“Our consultants think beyond the deployment of the website to consider the customer experience from a holistic perspective,” stated Peter Ladka, President and CEO of GeekHive. “GeekHive was excited to leverage the capabilities that Episerver CMS has to offer, in order to help Central Hudson reimagine its customer experience.”
GeekHive utilized the structured yet flexible framework of the Episerver CMS to improve site usability, navigation, and functionality for Central Hudson customers. Enhancements include:
- Single sign-on (SSO) access for web and mobile applications
- Web forms that enable in-site submissions for service requests
- Simplified online payment processes
- Outage reporting and status updates
- Graphical representations of account billing and electrical usage
- Access to special assistance and energy-efficiency program applications as well as other informational resources.