C3 AI (NYSE: AI), a leading provider of AI software, today announced the launch of major improvements to its enterprise AI application development platform and business applications. AI, designed to further accelerate digital transformation. Over the past decade, C3 AI has continuously invested in the C3 AI ® Suite , its open, secure, multi-cloud enterprise AI platform that leverages a model-driven architecture, enabling end-to-end enterprise AI including data integration, development model, machine learning operations (MLOps), application development and model governance and maintenance.
The latest release – Version 7.17 – offers new capabilities to track and manage complete lineage of data sources for application entities. In addition, the latest release includes new machine learning channels (machine learning, ML) for data scientists; improvements to C3 AI CRM, C3 AI Anti-Money Laundering, C3 AI Energy Management, C3 AI Production Schedule Optimization, and C3 AI Reliability applications; and a new enterprise AI application for the gas and oil sectors, C3 AI Well Development Optimization.
“Today’s launch features even more market-leading features for developers, data scientists, and data engineers, while offering unparalleled speed for developing enterprise AI applications,” said Houman C3 AI President and Product Director Behzadi. “We continue to invest significantly in our enterprise AI platform, broad set of developer tools, and configurable enterprise AI applications to enable a richer, more cohesive developer and user experience to accelerate AI adoption.”
The latest platform enhancements and features available with the C3 AI Suite include:
- Comprehensive data, features, and model lineage: Enhancements to enterprise AI application development tools include a new component of comprehensive data, features, and model lineage that allows developers and end users to understand your app’s lineage and IA / ML results .
- Enhanced time series resource generation: The latest release significantly accelerates resource engineering and model development . The improvements allow for faster parameterization of resources, more comprehensive statistical transformations, and an improved selection of resources for use in C3 AI ML Pipelines.
- New combinable ML pipelines: Expanding the constantly growing library of C3 AI ML Pipelines, the latest version includes four new pipelines to accelerate model development, including a pipeline for deep learning for forecasting, and a quantile regression pipeline for probabilistic predictions . The C3 AI ML Pipelines also offers enhanced model interpretability support with the addition of Shapley additive explanations (Shapley Additive Explanations) to the available explanability structures.
- Kubernetes multi-cloud service: As part of the ongoing Kubernetes / OpenShift standardization, the latest version supports the Kubernetes service on all clouds.
- New pre-built data connectors: Improvements in performance and scalability in the C3 AI Virtual Data Lake framework include connectors for Snowflake, Spark / Databricks, S3, Microsoft Power BI, Azure Data Lake, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 – further expanding the library of pre-built data connectors in the C3 AI Suite. The new connectors help speed data integration and allow engineers to create a virtual image of data or to ingest data directly into the C3 AI Suite.
- Enhancements to business object models: New additions and enhancements to pre-built business object models in Suite C3 IA further accelerate the development of AI applications. Object models from various sectors offer functional capabilities, including power management, equipment and process reliability, fraud detection, inventory optimization, and manufacturing throughput optimization. In addition, C3 AI also offers specific object models for the manufacturing, financial services, oil and gas, utilities, and defense sectors.
C3 AI also continues to invest in its growing portfolio of enterprise AI applications. Notable improvements include:
- C3 AI CRM offers a new AI-based revenue forecasting and scoring opportunity feature, leveraging both data in traditional CRM systems and external feeds (for example, financial data, news, commodity prices).
- The C3 AI Reliability improvements include a new module – the C3 AI Diagram Parsing – to automatically generate digital twins and object models for diagrams and instrumentation and piping (piping and instrumentation diagrams, P & IDs). C3 AI Diagram Parsing uses machine vision processing and natural language to analyze P & IDs to generate asset hierarchies and sensor-to-asset mappings.
- C3 AI Inventory Optimization improvements include ‘what if’ scenario modeling capabilities for inventory analysts to account for the ever-changing dynamics of globally distributed supply chains and optimize for the best operating results.
- C3 AI Production Schedule Optimization improvements include a new user interface, improvements to the object model, and additional combinable ML pipelines. User interface modifications allow end users to more easily generate, review, and act on AI-based demand forecasts and order line recommendations. The newest models available for demand planning and data scheduling in ML pipelines help accelerate model development and deployment for data science teams.
- The C3 AI Well Development Optimization is a new application to oil and gas that optimizes the severe drilling costs and reduces risks of non – productive time as stuck pipe, lost circulation drilling and recovery. The application provides the fundamental data model for AI-enabled well development applications, as well as to assist oil and gas operators in planning and executing drilling operations.