Artificial intelligence (AI) has seriously impacted the current B2B digital marketing strategies. Intelligent Automation (IA) is now ‘here and now’ and greatly supports companies’ future marketing plans.
Companies have complex customer data, so they need advanced management tools. Using IA in marketing will ensure that marketing activities work efficiently and accurately.
What is Intelligent Automation (IA) in Marketing?
McKinsey defines Intelligent automation as:
‘ It is a suite of business-process improvements and next-generation tools that assist the knowledge worker by removing repetitive, replicable, and routine tasks. And it can radically improve customer journeys by simplifying interactions and speeding up processes.
With companies rapidly undergoing digital transformation, marketing needs these technology tools to keep up with the business goals. That is why most companies are opting for IA in marketing activities.
How Does Intelligent Automation in Marketing Work?
Intelligent automation works with AI to create automated marketing workflows. These include learning, thinking, and improving without human intervention.
Here is how Intelligent process automation works:
- Computer Vision includes OCR and ICR tools that can read images or scanned documents.
The scans help in converting documents and images into texts. Marketers can use this for content generation purposes for customers to take action.
- Artificial Intelligence: Using AI tools, marketing automation tests, manages, and builds a suitable workflow.
It creates customer profiles and audience segmentation, personalized content, and aligns customer data accordingly.
- Robotic process automation:
The bots automate repetitive marketing tasks and messages for customers to provide solutions faster.
Benefits of Intelligent Process Automation
IA has a huge role in solving scalability and accuracy issues of data-driven brands. It helps to scale up their marketing efforts and ensure successful customer retention and acquisition.
Here are the ways intelligent automation is constantly improving marketing efforts:
1. Advancing lead segmentation and scoring
Businesses can use intelligent process automation to get accurate and real-time user data tracks. This helps them to segment their leads efficiently.
By using Google Analytics, marketers are successfully creating targeted and segmented lists. They even automate follow-up messages to keep leads moving across the sales funnel.
Even if a brand has limited data, this strategy can help it yield powerful results.
AI algorithms detect relevant behavioral patterns and accurately predict purchase intent, future behaviors, and potential value.
This way, lead segmentation, and scoring have become convenient and precise.
2. Increased Use of AI Chatbots
The use of AI chatbots in marketing is progressing. Several businesses use chatbots to attend to customers at any point in time and solve their queries.
The first line use of intelligent automation is deploying chatbots. They are today a valuable tool for efficient customer service and assistance.
Chatbots allow businesses to handle a large customer base and improve user interactions and customer experience.
AI chatbots constantly learn from user interactions. This helps them improve the decision-making process and automate actions less dependent on written scripts.
3. Predictive analytics data to take Action (Sales Strategies)
One of the most powerful uses of AI for marketers is the ability to analyze first-party data for analytics.
They allow companies to use their data to build their agile predictive analytics model.
Intelligent automation provides accurate analytics of customers.
Marketers can use it to understand their customers’ behavioral patterns. This insight is useful for lead segmentation and may even help prevent the accumulation of bad data in the marketing funnel.
Using intelligent automation, marketers accurately predict the lifetime value of new customers. They can prioritize these customers to make more effective campaigns for maximum sales impact.
4. Create marketing content
Companies are using intelligent automation in marketing to make marketing content more effective and efficient. How? By creating automated emails.
Intelligent marketing platforms generate engaging email responses and suggest the most impactful subject lines.
The automation tools can automate sending times and frequencies. The algorithms predict the frequency of emails sent according to subscribers’ preferences and behavior.
Additionally, automation helps generate personalized email content based on customers’ interests, actions, and demands.
Marketing teams can test, optimize, and strategize email campaigns based on click-through, conversions, and open rates.
When used well, IA platforms deliver several benefits to marketing teams. A few are:
- Intelligent automation saves time for marketing teams. It can deliver on all marketing tasks faster than the manual ones earlier.
It automates workflows, streamlines processes, and aligns tasks under a timeframe.
- It helps with prioritizing. Marketers can easily prioritize their marketing tasks. This allows for better use of marketing tools and resources to impact the market more.
- It allows you to plan for the best content. AI helps in testing websites and marketing campaigns. Then, it can help identify the most relevant and attractive areas to place content.
So, A/B testing allows teams to gather data. Marketers can use that data to create actionable content. This includes a significant marketing component- a Call to Action (CTA).
- It organizes contacts. With the help of CRM that integrates with intelligent automation software, marketers can organize their customer data information.
It tracks customers’ responses and actions taken through campaigns.
The Tech Behind Intelligent Automation Tools for Marketing
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): It understands and manipulates human language through text and voice.
It reads, interprets, and summarizes unstructured customer data from resources like emails, social media, and AI chatbots.
- Intelligent document processing (IDP) and Optical character recognition (OCR): These technologies allow computers to read images and derive their content.
OCR tools have been in the market for several years. However, few companies use them often because of their fewer abilities.
IDP is a newer technology that uses OCR and NLP to process data and documents.
- Conversational AI: It has already proved its efficacy in B2B marketing for customer experiences. As a marketing tool, it allows them to access data more easily and faster than before.
For customer experiences, conversational AI provides customers with the best responses. This allows for the best and most accurate collation of data about them. The gathered data is a goldmine for making more effective marketing strategies.
In The Future of Customer Conversation report,
In the 2022 AI Business Survey by PWC,
- Robotic process automation (RPA): The core of intelligent automation gives successful marketing results.
RPA allows for building website bots, automating workflows, and making data-driven decisions.
Also Read: Reasons to use Intelligent Automation for CX
Intelligent automation can completely modernize an organization’s marketing tasks.
With clarity on the ROI, CMOs must invest in intelligent technology and tools to help build impactful strategies. IA is a boon for marketers with the strengths of so many digital technologies behind it.
Intelligent automation can be the strongest strategy for success when implemented according to the business’ marketing objectives.
For more such updates follow us on Google News TalkCMO News.