Marketers are increasingly leveraging AI marketing to improve the customer journey and customer retention, boosting the ROI.
Artificial intelligence boosts the return on investment (ROI) of marketing campaigns by using machine learning, big data analytics, and other processes to gain explicit insight into the expectation of the target audience. With these insights, marketers create more compelling customer touchpoints. Whether it’s an engaging email marketing campaign or providing customer support, AI makes more personalized customer interactions, eliminating much of the guesswork.
AI is now used by digital marketers to automate processes that were only performed by humans. PPC ads, content generation, and even web design are all under the scope of AI marketing. AI and automation have completely transformed various business aspects of marketing. From idea to execution, the imprints of AI are everywhere regardless of the complexity and challenges associated with being dependent on technology.
For marketing and mainly digital marketing today, AI proves to be a boon for businesses. AI technology bridges the gap between data analytics and strategic execution. The modern marketers confirm AI as a business advantage shaping their market spectrum.
As reported by MagePlaza, AI across the marketing touchpoints is used for machine learning, customer data, and other computational concepts to predict human activities and decision-making. The technology can manage vast amounts of data and segment them. With data available in a much-simplified form, marketers can further break it down to create customized content for their audiences. With AI, businesses are developing great marketing analytics strategies to target the right potential customers. This enables digital marketers to feed customers with the right content on the appropriate channel at the best time to market.
Below are the top 5 ways marketers are leveraging AI to transform their marketing function:
- Advanced technologies are making the audience smarter, thanks to social media and rapid-fire search engines. AI and big data solutions help analyze these search patterns and assisting marketers in identifying key areas to focus their efforts.
- Marketers are already focusing on smarter ads, with account-based marketing solutions, but AI provides truly insightful analysis. With the over availability of data and information online, online ads can become smarter and more effective with AI. AI solutions enable marketers to dig deep into social profiles, keyword searches, and other online data for human-level outcomes.
- With AI, marketers can take data and personalization to a whole new level. Audience analytics can go beyond the typical demographics level to comprehend people on an individual basis. Today, marketers leverage AI to both identify potential buyers or clients to deliver the most relevant content to them.
- AI plays a prominent role in customer service and retention. With AI-enabled chatbots, companies can save employee time and expenditures. AI bots have access to the whole of the internet’s worth of information, data, and search histories, making them more efficient than their human counterparts.
- AI can uncover once-hidden insights with regular training to incorporate previously uncovered insights into upcoming campaigns, optimizing outreach to target the most relevant users.
As confirmed by Forbes in its August 2019 CMO survey, the presence of AI grows overall within the marketing function, specific applications have been more widely adopted than others. Specifically, over half (56.5%) of respondents are using AI technologies for content personalization and generating customer insights using predictive analytics. About 49.6% of respondents are utilizing AI to target customer decision making. Companies are investing in AI applications for optimizing media buying and programmatic advertising, improving marketing ROI by fine-tuning marketing content and timing, and implementing conversational AI for improved customer service.